Even if you don’t feel your best during treatment, there are those who want to help you look your best:
- Diva for a Day: Women currently in treatment for cancer or less than six months out are eligible for a day of beauty, comfort and support. (Note: Stage 4 women are always eligible.) FREE head to toe pampering includes: massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, makeup, shampoo and style. Divas are served lunch from a local restaurant and sent home with a bouquet of fresh flowers to remind them just how fabulous they are! There are dozens of participating salons across the US. For information on how to nominate a deserving diva or become a participating salon, Click Here.
- Makeovers: The Look Good…Feel Better program offers a FREE two-hour workshop to teach women and teens how to overcome the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. Learn techniques for skin and nail care, makeup application and ways to cope with hair loss. All participants receive a complimentary cosmetic kit full of name products to take home. Classes are held at hospitals, comprehensive care clinics and community centers in all 50 states. Some also offer programs in Spanish. To find a location near you, Click Here, or call 800-395-LOOK (5665). They also offer self-help “Just for You” kits in English or Spanish, complete with a 30-minute video and make-over tips for patients who cannot get to a local program.
- Make Up Kit: Sharsheret, a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer, offers a FREE Best Face Forward Kit designed to address the cosmetic side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments to any woman with breast or ovarian cancer. It includes make-up products and easy-to-follow application instructions and tips for those facing hair loss. Click Here, or call 866-474-2774
- SPF 10 Sunscreen Soap: Bethesda Skincare will send a FREE bar of their all natural sunscreen soap to anyone with cancer. It provides an invisible layer of SPF 10 protection through daily washing. Creator and founder, Jamie Collins Doss, started the giveaway – called The Melanie Policy – after she witnessed how cancer treatments depleted the skin of her sister who fought stage-four colon and liver cancer. Send your name, address and condition to firstname.lastname@example.org, and mention “The Melanie Policy.” Or Click Here.
Good to Know
- Three Lollies will send those currently in treatment (in the U.S. only) a FREE box of their natural products to help stave off the nausea and dry mouth that often come with chemo. To get a box of Queasy Pops, Queasy Drops or new Queasy Drops Plus with honey and pectin, email email@example.com with your name, address, phone number and which item you are requesting. Plus, let them know you heard about them on BreastCancerFreebies.com. (Please no Canadian or overseas requests.) To learn more about your options, Click Here.