Even if you don’t feel your best during treatment, there are those who want to help you look your best:
- Diva for a Day: Women currently in treatment for cancer or less than six months out are eligible for a day of beauty, comfort and support. (Note: Stage 4 women are always eligible.) FREE head to toe pampering includes: massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, makeup, shampoo and style. Divas are served lunch from a local restaurant and sent home with a bouquet of fresh flowers to remind them just how fabulous they are! There are dozens of participating salons across the US. For information on how to nominate a deserving diva or become a participating salon, Click Here.
- Makeovers: The Look Good…Feel Better program offers a FREE two-hour workshop to teach women and teens how to overcome the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. Learn techniques for skin and nail care, makeup application and ways to cope with hair loss. All participants receive a complimentary cosmetic kit full of name products to take home. Classes are held at hospitals, comprehensive care clinics and community centers in all 50 states. Some also offer programs in Spanish. To find a location near you, Click Here, or call 800-395-LOOK (5665). They also offer self-help “Just for You” kits in English or Spanish, complete with a 30-minute video and make-over tips for patients who cannot get to a local program.
- Make Up Kit: Sharsheret, a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer, offers a FREE Best Face Forward Kit designed to address the cosmetic side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments to any woman with breast or ovarian cancer. It includes make-up products and easy-to-follow application instructions and tips for those facing hair loss. Click Here, or call 866-474-2774
- Sun & Shield Soap: Bethesda Skincare will send a FREE bar of their 100% natural moisturizing soap with patented sun protection technology to anyone with cancer. Creator and founder Jamie Collins Doss started the giveaway – called The Melanie Policy – after she witnessed how cancer treatments depleted the skin of her sister who fought stage-four colon and liver cancer. Send your name, address and condition to firstname.lastname@example.org, and and put “The Melanie Policy” in the subject line. Or Click Here.
Good to Know
- Three Lollies will send those currently in treatment (in the U.S. only) a FREE 6-piece box of their Natural Queasy Drops for nausea and dry mouth, side effects that often come with chemo. Email email@example.com with your name and address. Let them know you heard about them on BreastCancerFreebies.com. (Please no Canadian or overseas requests.) To learn about Three Lollies, Click Here.